- Fashion central with a café society
- Eastern suburbs
- 15-minutes ferry ride from Circular Quay
Why go there
Double Bay is the playground of Sydney’s beautiful people. Surrounded by Sydney Harbour, open parks, tree-lined boulevards, grand residences and luxurious penthouses, this vibrant retail precinct is renowned for its pavement cafés, exclusive boutiques, jewellery shops, hair salons and beauticians. The village atmosphere feels quite European, perfect for a day spent shopping and eating out.
Things to do
- Sample the exclusive Australian and overseas fashion at various boutiques.
- Pamper yourself in sumptuous surrounds at one of Double Bay’s day spas.
- Stroll through atmospheric lanes and arcades for silverware, fine jewellery, antiques, art and gifts.
- Follow the 18-ft skiffs on the spectator ferry each Sunday during the summer racing season.
- Knox Street in the heart of Double Bay.
- Cruising Yacht Club of Australia’s marina.
- Redleaf Pool, an old-fashioned harbourside pool.
- Neilsen Park’s sheltered beach and kiosk, built in 1914.
- Taking a seaplane flight from Rose Bay to a restaurant on the northern beaches, for lunch.