- Sydney’s entertainment and sports capital
- Eastern suburbs
- 25-minute bus ride from Circular Quay
Why go there
Home to major sports stadiums, entertainment venues, a dining and shopping precinct and an expansive park, the Moore Park area offers its visitors recreation options galore.
Cricket legends hit it out at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), which doubles as a venue for Aussie Rules Football. Neighbouring Aussie Stadium is a football fan’s heaven, hosting major union, league and soccer games.
For great entertainment, shopping and dining, head to the Entertainment Quarter. Nearby Centennial Park is a haven for city dwellers and visitors alike with its lakes, bushland, bike track and formal gardens.
Things to do
- Have a laugh at the Sydney Comedy Store.
- Go to a concert at the Hordern Pavilion, which showcases international and Australian bands.
- Head to the Royal Hall of Industries and discover various exhibitions.
- Go roller-blading, horse-riding or have a relaxed picnic in pastoral surrounds at Centennial Park.
- Play golf or tennis at Moore Park.
- Farmers’ Market every Wednesday at the Entertainment Quarter.
- Park ranger tours in Centennial Park.
- NRL Final Series at the Aussie Stadium during winter.
- Moonlight Cinema under the stars during summer in Centennial Park.
- The SCG Tour Experience, which explores the history of the Members' Pavilion and cricket museum.
- New Year's Cricket Test at Sydney Cricket Ground on 1 January.