Tamworth’s Golden Guitar.
New South Wales has some of the most entertaining big attractions in Australia. These ‘big things’ are sure to capture the imagination if you’re travelling with kids. They also offer visitors the chance to learn something about the produce or history of the local area.
- Big Banana, Coffs Harbour 11 metres long, 5 metres high and 2.4 metres wide. Go bananas on the toboggan ride, huge waterslide, skate rink or plantation tour before checking out the banana souvenirs and banana-influenced food.
- Big Merino,Goulburn 15.2 metres high, 18 metres long and 97 tonnes. Peer out on the local countryside through “Rambo’s” eyes, learn about the Australia wool industry including wool processing and stock up on beautiful wool products from the gift shop.
- Big Avocado, Duranbah near Byron Bay See the magical fruit show, take a plantation tour or visit the fauna park, enjoy avocadoes and much more at Tropical Fruit World’s cafes and fruit market.
- Big Golden Guitar, Tamworth 12 metres high. Visit the “Gallery of Stars” Wax Museum to find out about Australia’s best country music performers, get tourist information and buy souvenirs.
- Big Trout, Adaminaby 10 metres high. This huge fiberglass structure is located on the shores of Lake Eucumbene, providing perfect inspiration for you to cast a lure – or simply enjoy a picnic.
- Big Bench, Broken Hill 2.5 times the scale of a park bench. Sits on top of the Line of Lode hill in the centre of town with a great café nearby.